Jon Woodward
3 poems
**
Correct, Meaning
So “tag cloud” only means “tag cloud”
I thought it meant something else
The day the war finally ended
I followed someone for awhile
...............................................(himself)
“I’ll love you forever so sweetly”
“As sweetly as worms eating dirt”
The day the war finally ended
“Taking time off to find myself”
...............................................(inert)
They devoured my friend irrespective
Of the programming languages he knew
The day the war finally ended
David Letterman interviewed Bono
...............................................(blew)
How perfectly crystally clear
The levels, the objectives of this game
The day the war finally ended
All the gunfire down the street
...............................................(came)
**
Neon Neon Neon
Of rigid neon
written.
Only the disappointment
which is perfect bone’s
to give.
“It just won’t give!”
This see-saw
doesn’t sag.
______
The careful word
the retina’s written
into,
and the black cascading future
(behind the head where it lives)
written
in two,
and a fulcrum
I supply.
The trance or transaction
balances?
______
Onrush & topple
of mountains of jumbles of
mammoth & land sloth
bones into tar.
**
Walkway
An average mint,
linked to a mechanism,
hearing mostly sexual thoughts,
several tender ones.
An average mechanism,
linked to a sleeve,
hearing mostly sexual thoughts,
several tender ones.
An average sleeve,
linked to a category,
hearing mostly sexual thoughts,
several tender ones.
An average category,
linked to a yo-yo,
hearing mostly sexual thoughts,
several tender ones.
**
return to sawbuck 1.3
**
Jon Woodward's second book of poems, Rain, was published in 2006 by Wave Books. He currently lives in Boston and works at the Harvard Museum of Comparative Zoology.
**
Correct, Meaning
So “tag cloud” only means “tag cloud”
I thought it meant something else
The day the war finally ended
I followed someone for awhile
...............................................(himself)
“I’ll love you forever so sweetly”
“As sweetly as worms eating dirt”
The day the war finally ended
“Taking time off to find myself”
...............................................(inert)
They devoured my friend irrespective
Of the programming languages he knew
The day the war finally ended
David Letterman interviewed Bono
...............................................(blew)
How perfectly crystally clear
The levels, the objectives of this game
The day the war finally ended
All the gunfire down the street
...............................................(came)
**
Neon Neon Neon
Of rigid neon
written.
Only the disappointment
which is perfect bone’s
to give.
“It just won’t give!”
This see-saw
doesn’t sag.
______
The careful word
the retina’s written
into,
and the black cascading future
(behind the head where it lives)
written
in two,
and a fulcrum
I supply.
The trance or transaction
balances?
______
Onrush & topple
of mountains of jumbles of
mammoth & land sloth
bones into tar.
**
Walkway
An average mint,
linked to a mechanism,
hearing mostly sexual thoughts,
several tender ones.
An average mechanism,
linked to a sleeve,
hearing mostly sexual thoughts,
several tender ones.
An average sleeve,
linked to a category,
hearing mostly sexual thoughts,
several tender ones.
An average category,
linked to a yo-yo,
hearing mostly sexual thoughts,
several tender ones.
**
return to sawbuck 1.3
**
Jon Woodward's second book of poems, Rain, was published in 2006 by Wave Books. He currently lives in Boston and works at the Harvard Museum of Comparative Zoology.