Donora Hillard
a poem
**
Something Red
I’m afraid.
This isn’t going to work.
I have long fingers.
I’m taller than you realize.
I eat rare meat.
My hair is its natural color.
Something red.
I’m not usually this ironic.
I worry I wrote this
so you might enjoy it.
You can see the muscles
in my legs
from time spent running outside
and after men like you.
I have bony feet.
**
return to sawbuck 1.8
**
Donora Hillard is the author of Bone Cages (BlazeVox [books], 2007) and Parapherna (dancing girl press, 2006). Her lyric memoir and poetry have appeared in The Harrow, Pebble Lake Review, The Pedestal Magazine, and many others. She's been an instructor of writing at King's College and currently teaches at Harrisburg Area Community College in southern Pennsylvania.
**
Something Red
I’m afraid.
This isn’t going to work.
I have long fingers.
I’m taller than you realize.
I eat rare meat.
My hair is its natural color.
Something red.
I’m not usually this ironic.
I worry I wrote this
so you might enjoy it.
You can see the muscles
in my legs
from time spent running outside
and after men like you.
I have bony feet.
**
return to sawbuck 1.8
**
Donora Hillard is the author of Bone Cages (BlazeVox [books], 2007) and Parapherna (dancing girl press, 2006). Her lyric memoir and poetry have appeared in The Harrow, Pebble Lake Review, The Pedestal Magazine, and many others. She's been an instructor of writing at King's College and currently teaches at Harrisburg Area Community College in southern Pennsylvania.