Beth Coyote
3 poems
**
Dr Tesla Studies Mormons
Hairnets are a sign of weakness, a desire for power
Hair is powerful, for example, Solomon
Moroni sounds like macaroni which sounds like Marconi
Consider the vocabulary when you have settled down
The Great Basin Collared Lizard and the desert spiny lizard are found in Utah
With regards to the choir, bigger is not necessarily better
**
reforestation
I want to dress you down . cover you with filaments . you can melt on my tongue . if you allow
egress . dead end .. forfeit shed skin . clearly . you have a mad tangle. I want repellent formulas
your margin of error . swish the streptococcus in its fulsome broth .. we can play ... scientist astronaut........doctor........heal mercury......parse nux vomica......water hemlock . pokeweed motley........drink it green......plunder a nautical mood ... bend into my buck and sway
**
Harm chronology
things I done, I can never undo
....................-Patty Griffin
trustworthiness is in doubt
whose, you ask, before you wipe off your mouth
a strutting animal
inverse guidance about smoking and pellet guns
pig skin responds well to human skin care products
Oil of Olay, for example
have you considered suicide
choose, a suspension bridge covered with graffiti
we disagree on the functions
rip, tear, press, injure
three uninvited guests arrive
wine spill, inadequate plastic forks
a bag of quarters in your sock
hide your lancet for later
don’t ask me again if I feel better
I don’t know what you mean
I have insomnia
because the walls are feral
**
return to sawbuck 2.1
**
Beth Coyote is published in Snow Monkey, Gumball Press, synapse, When It Rains From the Ground Up, Chrysanthemum, two Washington Poets Association anthologies, a new anthology of women’s political poetry, From the Web and Borderlands: Texas Poetry Review. In 2007, she was nominated for Seattle Poet Populist.
**
Dr Tesla Studies Mormons
Hairnets are a sign of weakness, a desire for power
Hair is powerful, for example, Solomon
Moroni sounds like macaroni which sounds like Marconi
Consider the vocabulary when you have settled down
The Great Basin Collared Lizard and the desert spiny lizard are found in Utah
With regards to the choir, bigger is not necessarily better
**
reforestation
I want to dress you down . cover you with filaments . you can melt on my tongue . if you allow
egress . dead end .. forfeit shed skin . clearly . you have a mad tangle. I want repellent formulas
your margin of error . swish the streptococcus in its fulsome broth .. we can play ... scientist astronaut........doctor........heal mercury......parse nux vomica......water hemlock . pokeweed motley........drink it green......plunder a nautical mood ... bend into my buck and sway
**
Harm chronology
things I done, I can never undo
....................-Patty Griffin
trustworthiness is in doubt
whose, you ask, before you wipe off your mouth
a strutting animal
inverse guidance about smoking and pellet guns
pig skin responds well to human skin care products
Oil of Olay, for example
have you considered suicide
choose, a suspension bridge covered with graffiti
we disagree on the functions
rip, tear, press, injure
three uninvited guests arrive
wine spill, inadequate plastic forks
a bag of quarters in your sock
hide your lancet for later
don’t ask me again if I feel better
I don’t know what you mean
I have insomnia
because the walls are feral
**
return to sawbuck 2.1
**
Beth Coyote is published in Snow Monkey, Gumball Press, synapse, When It Rains From the Ground Up, Chrysanthemum, two Washington Poets Association anthologies, a new anthology of women’s political poetry, From the Web and Borderlands: Texas Poetry Review. In 2007, she was nominated for Seattle Poet Populist.